by Maria Koropecky, Free Spirit Coach, Crystal Mapper, Author & TV Host
Do you watch reality TV shows? What are your favourites?
These days I’m watching MasterChef Australia. I’ve also watched Chopped, Ru Paul’s Drag Race and Glow Up (which is about Make-Up).
Love ‘em or hate ‘em, I’m into anything that’s about creativity and self-expression and I’ve personally learned tons from watching Reality TV on these topics, including:
1. Have a clear vision of what you want to create. Contestants who don’t have a clear concept end up making a dog’s breakfast. Having a clear idea though, gives you a map to follow, which makes things go so much easier.
2. Presentation and looks are key. If something doesn’t look good, people won’t be open to the offering. I personally learned this lesson when I uploaded my books on Amazon!
3. If you come from a place of authenticity and stay true to your own style, your creations will be well-received, so don’t try to doctor them up, over-complicate things, or over-compensate for what you think might be missing. Often less is more.
4. If things go sideways and you have a meltdown, get out of your head and into your heart and remember your big why.
5. Time is relative. Isn’t it funny how having to start 15 minutes later than everyone else can feel like an eternity but 15 minutes left in the game can fly by if you’re in the weeds?
6. Think on your feet and be creative and resourceful. Sometimes the best solutions show up in the heat of the moment.
7. Take what the judges and mentors say with a grain of salt. Of course, listen to their feedback, but also, think for yourself and trust your own intuition.
8. The contestants who get along with each other and who are helpful and generous towards their competitors are the winners in the long run.
9. There’s a synergy that builds among the contestants that doesn’t happen when flying solo and somehow they all bond in the shared experience, accelerate their progress and up their game along the way.
You’d Be A Good Fit For This Group Coaching Program If:
* you have a creative project (like a book, documentary or business) that you’d like to make progress on
* you’re a storyteller, writer, artist, introvert, empath, coach, pilgrim or crystal lover
* and you’re ready to shine and play a bigger game in life!
Sound good to you? Great! Send me a message and let’s talk!
#coaching #creativity #authenticity