by Maria Koropecky, Free Spirit Coach, Author & Crystal Mapper
August was originally named Sextilis but was renamed in honor of Emperor Augustus when things shifted to the new Julian calendar. It has 31 days, its main zodiac sign is Leo, its birthflowers are gladiolus or poppies, and its birthstones are Peridot, Sardonyx and Spinel.
August is the 8th month of the year and is therefore associated with the number 8, also known as the infinity symbol. The endless loops of 8 signify abundance, prosperity and an infinite flow of money, time and ideas.
The number 8 also resonates with personal power, inner-wisdom, truth, integrity, self-reliance, professionalism, dependability, manifesting and giving & receiving.
August and Leo are also associated with the yellow, solar plexus chakra and is about ambition, empowerment, self-confidence, self-esteem, joy, wisdom, instinct, and the Divine Masculine.
When we focus on yellow, we’re able to shine brightly like the sun. We feel self-confident, have a strong sense of purpose, and are taking action toward our goals. In other words, we’re making hay while the sun shines!
When I think of August, I think of lavender, wild blackberries, going to the beach and my mom who will be turning 80 this month! My mother is a proud Leo and a Soprano and her collection of lion figurines make me smile.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to showcase 8 crystals that have the confidence of August, Leo and the Sun, so we can all enjoy the bounty this month has to offer!
1. Peridot: clears the way for our heart to feel and is good for navigating relationships with honesty and integrity.
2. Carnelian: Wonderful touchstone for artists and helps with creativity. About joy, happiness and humor.
3. Sunstone: Known for its connection to the powerful sun. Brings light to all situations. Helps us shine. Stone of good luck.
4. Citrine: Also known as “the Merchant’s Stone” because it helps us acquire and maintain wealth. It doesn’t accumulate negative energy and helps release old patterns, increase self-esteem and attract abundance.
5. Pyrite: Attracts abundance, wealth and prosperity. Known as “Fool’s Gold” and is believed to contain the fire element. It encourages us to follow our dreams and helps us manifest them.
6. Cat’s Eye: About agility, intuition and protection. Enhances night vision and helps us land on our feet.
7. Golden Tiger’s Eye: About laser focus, physical balance, having a clear vision of our goals and taking action steps with confidence towards our future.
8. Golden Enhydro Herkimer: About sunshine, vitality and joy and contains floating gold liquid!
August promises to be an amazing month! What would you do if you had the bold, confidence of Leo as well? What would open up for you? Send me a message and let’s make it happen together!
Book a call with Maria today!